Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 23, 2013

IFAMILY!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                     
MAHAL KO KAYO!!! I love you all so very much. 

Mom, thank you for sending that package. It is ok that it took a while, at least it got done. I look forward to your package. I would love some family pictures and anything that you want to send me. Just something that shows you love me. That is all I need :) Mom, do you remember those sister I met at the temple after one of our sessions? One of them is in my zone, her name is sister Davis and she is so great. She has become a really great friend of mine. 

Just to clear things up, my area in the Philippines was not severely hit by the giant storm. But it has humbled the hearts of the filipinos. I noticed before I left that a lot of missionaries were being called to the Philippines and I didn't know why. but I do know now. they need so much love and service to help them heal and get over this trial that has come in their lives. I am so grateful that I can be one of those missionaries to help build up the Philippines again with hope and a love for God. 

I have been in the MTC for almost 3 weeks!! It really has gone by fast. The districts ahead of us have already gotten their flight plans so that means we are the next ones to get our flight plans!!!!!! I can not wait to get to the Philippines! I am so excited to be there for Christmas! 


Last Sunday at devo we had an amazing speaker, her name is Mary ellen Edmunds. she was soooooo funny. She has us laughing like the whole time. But there was one thing that she said that really stuck out to me about her mission. She said that the first little bit she was discouraged and wanted to go home. but she stuck it out. So instead of having 15 pages in her mission journal she had over 200 pages. she said she learned so much and wouldnt trade it for the world. I think when things get hard every missionary thinks about going home for a split second. But I dont want to just has 15 pages, I want over 200 of helping others come to christ, of seeing miracles, of seeing my own miracle of my own conversion. 

I want to pose a question, what is the reason the 1st presidency came out with preach my gospel? To better help the investigators? Because it was inspired? Yes to all, but the main reason is to convert us as missionaries and keep us converted. Too many times missionaries have come home and not wanted to go to church anymore. the only success that really matters on your mission is your own conversion as a missionary. I had a testimony before I left, but I am starting to see my conversion, I am started to see me align my life with the will  of the lord. It is incredible to see. My prayers are so sincere and more personal than ever before, as well as my scripture study. I am not fully there, but it is not expected of me. The only thing the lord expects of us is that we do our best. This place is a place of miracle and I have seen  many miracles happen in class and all around me. 

If any of you have ever had doubts or doubt now about the gospel or about god not loving you, I would invite you to pray with a sincere heart really wanting to know and along with that I would invite you to pick up your book of mormon and read from the pages. I feel so much love as I read. Just start from the beginning with Lehi and his family. those first 3 chapters can relate to anyone at anytime in their life. 

THE LANGUAGE IS STARTING TO COME!!!! Not all of it yet, but I know it will come. I love you all so much. Thank you for your loving and your prayers. I feel them everyday!
ALAM KO PO NA SIMBAHAN NI JESUCRISTO!!!!! I know this church is true :) 

Love, Sister Hopkins 




No comments:

Post a Comment