Sunday, January 12, 2014

January 12, 2014

What a week! So many cool things have been happening her in Calauan. First it is so hot! We hope for days that it rains because it cools down just a little bit. Just when I think I have the language down, the lord humbles me and puts me in situations where i have no idea what people are saying to me. But it will come and I have to remember that I have only been here for 3 weeks. Which is so weird because I feel that I have been here longer than that. 
Let me tell you a few stories, one is about obedience. So we learned a very hard lesson this week. If you are not obedient even in the slightest, you wont have the spirit with you and you wont be able to teach. That happened to us one night. We couldn't get a hold of our lesson and nothing got taught. After wards we felt sooooo awful and realized that we need to do better. We weren't doing bad things, we were just being lazy with our time. We soon fixed our behavior and the net time we went we were able to teach by the spirit. The second time we went to teach we taught the word of wisdom to our investigator Ningning. We were a little worries because she is a big coffee drinker, but she told us that she can see that the lord has prepared her body to obey the word of wisdom. when she thinks of drinking coffee she doesnt have that want and it sounds bad to her. She was very accepting and told us she has already been living the word of wisdom for a week now. Man she is golden. Cant wait for Feb 8th when she gets baptized!!!!
We had a baptism for Jonathan this last week :) He was the last to be baptized in his family and they are now on their way to prepare to go to the temple. I am so excited for them. We have another baptism coming up this Saturday. I will tell you more about him next week. 
One of my companions got transfered out the other day so now there are only me and my companion here in the whole area which is stressful because it is sooooo BIG!!! We only pray that more sister will come in next transfer. 
I love you all so much and I thank you for everything. Things have been way hard, but I notice things get easier when I kneel in prayer and ask sincerely for the help from my heavenly father. Whenever we are in need of help, He is the source of all peace and rest. we are so blessed to be able to pray so we should ever day morning and night. I can tell a huge difference from before the mission and now. I am so much more greatly blessed because I take the time to pray each day. God loves all of us and wants to hear from us. "When life gets too hard to stand, kneel"
This gospel is so true!!!!!!

Sister Hopkins :)

No comments:

Post a Comment