Monday, January 6, 2014

January 5, 2014

FAMILY!!!!!!!!!

What a week I have had here in the Philippines. 
First I want to express that there is so much power in fasting. We started our fast on Saturday. We went to an investigators house to teach her but she wasn't home. We then went to a random house and started to talk to w woman names Charity. She was visiting from manila. and she was a member of Iglesia ni Cristo. It is a break off group of the LDS church only here in the Philippines. At first she told us that she didn't want to listen to us, but after talking to her we actually taught her the first lesson and we got her information so the missionaries in manila could go an teach her. I know that we were able to find her and she was willing to listen to us because we fasted. Fasting can bring about miracles and great blessings.

The language is coming. I understand a little bit more everyday. My companions are helping me out a lot too with is to nice! They are very patient with me which  is something I need. 

If i were to give any words of wisdom it would be this: Set goals for the new year. What can you do to come closer to your Savior or what can you do to improve in your life. Goals are such a good thing and can really help us. 

the church is so true. I love this gospel and I love being a missionary! It is beautiful here and the people are so amazing. 

I love you all so much. thank you for everything you do for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment