Wednesday, December 10, 2014

December 9, 2014

So as you heard, we had a typhoon come through our mission this last week. WE were all pretty worried because it was projected originally to hit our mission pretty hard. But I know that God heard our prayers from the mission and has kept us pretty safe. The storm didn't hit us too hard. it just rained for 2 or 3 days and pretty windy. We were evacuated to higher ground and stayed with some of the other sisters in our district. IT was fun to be with our sisters for a couple of days since we are pretty far spread out. Since all Monday we were confined to our home, we had a fun FHE that brought us so much closer together. My testimony grew that much more about Home evening and the power that it brings to our families. It brings us closer in ways that we cant even understand but it does. It was just so much fun. Played fun games and took fun pictures, I included them in the email I sent already. I hope that everyone can take this council and experience the power that comes from this blessed and inspired activity.

I went on exchanges with a sister names Sister Manu. she is from Tonga and is so great. We got bunted a lot but had so much fun OYMing and sharing the gospel. Sometimes I am still scared or timid when it comes to talking to random strangers about the gospel but she really helped me to just dive in and start talking to people. I felt so much happier afterwards. Mom, I challenge you this week to talk to one person about the gospel whether it is a neighbor, coworker, or random person. I promise you that you will feel so much joy as you do.

Friday we had MLC which is a council for all the missionary leaders. These are my favorite meetings. The Assistans gave a workshop about love, charity. We studies Moroni 7:45 and how we need to as missionary leaders have these attributes and love the missionaries around us. We need to take the time to see those that need us and to seek not our own. One of the Assistants said Leadership is not a position, it is an action. It is an action of love for Gods children. We must love those we serve, always. especially with Christmas coming us, this is our time to show our Savior that we love him by loving those around us.

I sent the package today so I don't know when it will get to you. Also I got Ang's and Gma's package that they sent. Tell them thank you and love them.

just thought I would share how much I love my companion. We have been through a lot together and I love her so much. So sad that she ill be going home at the end of This month.

Sorry this is so short, but I hope you know that I love you so much. Thank you for everything. MAHAL KITA!!!!!

Meg.





No comments:

Post a Comment