Monday, February 9, 2015

February 8, 2015

Mom, 
 You always send the best emails. They make my day. 
I can't believe that Brooke leaves soon...i'm sad that I will not see her when I come home. But at least I will be able to skype her more than only twice a year. Brooke, good luck and remember to just breathe :) It will help a lot. 
 I can't believe that spencer is home, that went by so fast!!! How is he? It is weird to think that that will be me soon. Only 12 weeks left in this beautiful country...got to eat up every minute of it. 
 This week was ok. We weren't able to work much because i physically cant, but we have tried to do as much as we can.  It means more than anyone can imagine that the ward is going to do that. Thank you all so much for your prayers and your love. 
 This last week we attended the funeral of a member who past away this last week. She was really young, only like 47 years old. Of course it was sad but there was also an initial feeling of peace and comfort. I don't know if it is because i am a missionary or what, but it wasn't a sad thing. If anything it just adds to my testimony that heavenly father has such  better plans for us that what we have for ourselves. There is so much more out there and we only see the little picture. I know that this is not the end and it has been cool to see the ward come together for this family and see the hope that has risen in the area. 
 One miracle that i want to share with you. Since we haven't been able to work as we would like to, we have been worrying a lot about our investigators: if they are progressing, reading, praying, and if they really want to come closer to Christ. Especially Louie Belle. She is so interested and just loves learning and we were starting to think that things were going down because we haven't had the best contact with her. But The lord really does his own work. She was at church yesterday...it meant so much to me to see that the lord has been watching out for her and continuing to strengthen her. She means a lot to me and it has been hard to not see her frequently, but I know that she is in the lord's hands. We all are. When we feel as if we are lost, falling, or drifting farther and farther way, he actually is closer than we thinking building us up. 
 The general Young Mens President, President Beck came to our mission on Saturday. All the missionaries gathered and it was a sweet experience. You could just feel the power once he came into the room. He talked a lot about remembering who we are and acting upon that. We can't forget who we are. Of course we are mortal and we are going to make mistakes. So as we plug the holes we have in our boats or as we fix our imperfections we also have to put up our sails. We have to remember who we are, live it, and see the good in all we do. there is so much good around us, we just have to take a moment and look around. 
 In Sacrament meeting yesterday one of the members gave a talk about trails and other things that come up unexpectedly in life. I felt as if he was talking directly to me. He said one thing that really stuck to me, he said "we should be careful to not turn bread into stones". Meaning that we should not complain or be choosy with what the lord gives us and what he doesnt give us. We should always life in gratitude to him. Even in the darkest of places can God bring forth light. So true. This last week i started to feel sorry for myself, feel guilty for not being able to work, ad just felt down. But i realized that that was be going farther into darkness. But as we turn to the lord in Prayer and through the scriptures that is when the light starts to come through. I dont really know what is going to happen with my sickness, there are still more tests to do later this week, but I know that whatever happens, I am in his hands. Those feelings have brought so much comfort and peace and I know that I am in his hands. There is never any need to fear because we have the help of the most powerful being on our side. 
 mom, love you so much and I am so grateful for the example you have set before me. It has helped me to stay strong because I have seen you be strong through everything. Love you more than you know. 





FYI: Megan's ward is having a fast for her on Sunday, February 15th. She needs to feel our prayers and the great power of the priesthood. Please participate with us if you are able.                           -- --Nicole (Megan's Mom)





2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this Sister Mecham. I just love your daughter. I love hearing about her miracles of everyday. She has eyes to see the good things in every circumstance be it good or bad. She has a heart that makes her think of and reach out to others first. She's so strong. I'll be happy to join in this special fast for her.I pray that she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing this Sister Mecham. I just love your daughter. I love hearing about her miracles of everyday. She has eyes to see the good things in every circumstance be it good or bad. She has a heart that makes her think of and reach out to others first. She's so strong. I'll be happy to join in this special fast for her.I pray that she gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete