Saturday, December 14, 2013

December 14, 2013

Kamusta Nanay!!!! and Pamilya Ko!!

How is everything at home? That is so crazy that Ty and Tasi will be moving soon. I loved having them in Boise for 6 months. I miss them and I miss you all sooooo much! Whenever I eat donuts I think of Brynlee and how much she loves donuts. My donut addiction is bad. I have one every morning with my breakfast, ya I may have a few pounds more on me. But hopefully I will lose it when i get to the 'pines in 2 days!!!@!@!@!@!!!! WHAT?? I can not believe how fast that came by. I am really excited but also scared and that is ok. I look forward to it though. So sunday night we may or may not be getting any sleep. I will probably call home around 7 in the morning or when I land in Detroit. Just be ready for the call I suppose. Im not sure when and yes I did get the phone card. 

We had our last class with our teachers and I am so sad to be leaving them. they have taught me a lot about what It takes to be a good missionary and have helped me alot with my Tagalog. I still struggle but that is expected, I mean i have only been speaking this language for a month and a half. I know I can get it and I will with the help of the Lord. I love our teachers though and will be sad to not see them everyday. They mean a lot to me. 

I have some experiences that have built my testimony in the last week. We got new sisters and they are just the best. As Sister training leader we really look out for them and learn to love them. One night we had one sister who didn't seem okay. We pulled her out to talk to her and see if we could help her. She started to shake, hyperventilate and before we knew it she was having a panic attack.She curled up in a ball and was shaking and I felt so helpless.I started to cry because I want to help her but didn't know how.  We were so scared but the spirit told me to go get our zone leaders. We went into one room to say a prayer for this sweet sisters and we knew what to do after. The elder's gave her a blessing as we got the on call nurse. As soon as she was given the blessing she stopped shaking and was able to calm down. This was a dramatic experience for not just her but for us as well. My comp and I just hugged each other and cried and the elders went into another room before going back to class. this sister is doing so great now. This was a miracle. The priesthood power that Elders hold is so so real and it is the power of God. That was a miracle that that sister was able to feel peace and be calmed by Heavenly Father through these humble Elders. I learned a great lesson. We must be worthy to receive promptings from the spirit. Had i not already been following the spirit and being worthy to receive those promptings, I don't know what we would have done. We MUST act on promptings from the spirit, but we must also be worthy to receive them from the spirit because we may miss out on an opportunity to receive a prompting to help someone who really needs it. That was a miracle. Miracles happen here everyday. I have seen them. 


Tuesday night, Elder Cook of the 12 apostles came to talk to us about our missions and our mission calls. He said something that was very profound that has stuck with me ever since: You are called to your specific mission because you are the only one who will be able to help certain people. The lord knows I can do this and is preparing families to hear the gospel from me, Sister Hopkins. That is powerful to me. He also read a quote from President Hinckley " Tell the missionaries if they have more faith, they will have more success." I need to have great faith and I will be able to find people and I will see miracles. It was a very good talk. 

Thursday we got to skype again with some member sisters living in the Philippines. They are so cute and have such great strength. 

Thank you mom for the two packages. Also Thank you aunt kim for your package as well. I loved it. 

I know that the church is true with all my heart and soul. If I didn't I would not have come out on my mission. I can not wait to share this message of Jesus Christ with the people of the philippines. I know that god lives and that Jesus Christ is the Savior of the World. With Christmas approaching we have him in our thoughts more. But we should have him in our thoughts always, not just the month of December. There is a quote that I love that says "wise men still seek him." Are you that wise man? Strive always to come to him and seek him everyday to help you in your trials. I promise that when we embrace the Savior and welcome him into our lives, we will be happy and our lives will be greatly blessed. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. 
I know it, I live it, I love it. 

I love you all! Mahal Ko Kayo!!

Sister Megan Hopkins

No comments:

Post a Comment