Monday, October 27, 2014

October 19, 2014

This was one of the best weeks in my mission. First my companion is the best. I am so lucky to have her and look forward to serving with her and learning more from her. First I guess ill let you know that with the help of general conference I have received my answer to schooling and lots of praying and pondering then visualizing,

K here is my week. Monday night we had an awesome lesson with our bishop and his wife about the Book of Mormon, AS he bore solemn testimony there was a moment that I felt the spirit so strong. It was like heaven on earth. I didn't want to leave because of how good that felt. Our homes really can be a heaven on earth especially as we read the book of Mormon. As we were walking home that night waiting for a jeep, this semi truck drive drove by, honked his horn and said hey sisters as he proudly waved his book of Mormon out the window with a big smile on his face. Wow, even on the job, he takes his time to read and devote some time to the Lord. That was one of our favorite moments that day.
We went to go contact a referral that we received from the mission office last week. His name is Johnny but he was sick when we went to visit, but his wife said she wanted to listen. Come to find out her mom had joined the church before she passed away. She then told us that she felt something was missing from all the other churches and as we shared our message about the Book of Mormon things were started to feel better. She is golden and we are excited to go back and visit her this week. Also we have been exercising out faith more by talking to everyone that we get the chance to. Because of that faith we had one day where so many people approached us and told us that they wanted to know about our church and what we believed, literally the minute we walked out the door someone asked us about our church. One man even told us that we had a powerful aura or glow about us that he couldn't explain but he knew we were messengers of God. Probably the best comment my whole mission. People really do recognize our countenance whether it be good or bad. There was one day I started talking to a girl on the jeepney and she freaked out, she literally screamed because I could speak Tagalog, hahahahaha the whole jeep was laughing. So funny.
This week I learned from the members that we must know the doctrine of Christ in order to stand strong when the winds and waves come. That strong conversion comes through the Book of Mormon. If you haven't been studying it every day, I would encourage you to make it a priority because that is what saves us when the waves come: our strong conversion in Christ. I have been reading it even a little before bed and in the morning when I get up. Such a big diference it has made, along with study in my personal study. That is where our strength comes from.
We have been running every morning to, IT IS THE BEST!
We went to a baptism of an 8 year old from the ward. She is so cute and was excited. There is a picture attached.
IT IS SO HOT HERE!!!!!!! Seriously, its gross.
Have a good week and continue to keep a good attitude, that truly is the key.

Meg.

No comments:

Post a Comment